Friday, March 12, 2010

I like this for a Club Membership Disclaimer

Condition of Participation Disclaimer

1. I acknowledge that I have read the definitions below. 2. I hereby acknowledge that my entry and/or participation in the seminar carries with it significant risk of personal injury. 3. Therefore, I for myself and the Releasors hereby relinquish, release and/or waive any action against the Releasees for any personal injury sustained by me arising out of and/or in the course of the seminar whether as a result of any disregard and/or technical breach of the rules of the seminar or otherwise. 4. In addition, in the event of any action being commenced, the Releasors and myself hereby indemnify the Releasees against any cost and damages arising from or connected therewith.

Definitions

a) “Personal Injury” has its ordinary English meaning and includes any injury for which a person might be awarded General Damages and/or Special Damages at Common Law. b) “The Releasors” means by family, dependants, heirs, executors and/or assigns any person or persons claiming through them. c) “Releasees” means any corporation, association or other body and/or person or persons jointly and/or severally and whether servants or agents of any of the aforementioned or otherwise where any such corporation, other body or individual is associated with the promotion or conduct of the seminar and includes Karate Students, competitors , instructors, and observers or members of the audience. d) “Any Action” means any claim, right and/or cause of action for damages at Common Law or pursuant to any statute.

No comments: